We invite all members to attend the 2017 AGM of the Scotland Malawi Partnership.
Non-members are very much welcome too, so feel free to bring along a friend as well!
Date: Saturday 30th September
Time: 2.30pm – 6pm
Venue: Stewart's Melville College, Edinburgh (EH4 3EZ)
CLICK HERE to book your place today.
If you’re not sure what to expect from an SMP AGM, have a look at our videos from 2016 and 2015. It’ll be another fun, engaging and interactive afternoon this year: perhaps the best opportunity to network with others across Scotland engaged in Malawi links.
This year we’re looking at what good partnership really means, with inspiring video case studies from across the membership as well as from our partners in Malawi. You’ll have the chance to chat and share amongst friends, make new contacts, and come away with new ideas and inspiration.
We have live Malawian music from the fantastic Davie Luhanga (aka Street Rat), Malawian coffee and snacks, and we’ll be finishing at 6pm for a traditional Malawi Gin and Tonic sundowner!
As ever, we have lots of prizes to give away on the day, including stays at Ngala Beach Lodge, Mvuu Lodge, Chelinda Lodge, Kumbali Lodge and Luwawa Forest Lodge, Kayak Africa as well as free vehicle hire from the Responsible Safari Company and three Kiboko safaris. In total, 14 lucky members will be walking away with amazing prizes, just for coming along and joining in!
We’ll also be announcing the winners of our 2017 Members Awards, hearing from our partners at MaSP, and listening to young Scots just back from their first trip to Malawi.
Through the afternoon you’ll have the chance to: learn about our 2017-20 strategy; feed into our plans for the coming year; chat with the team; meet key decision-makers in Government and Parliament; vote in new SMP Directors; decide membership fees; and find out about new free resources available to support your Malawi-link.
- If you would like to stand for election to the Board, complete the form and get back to us by the 19th September. CLICK HERE for details. We’re especially encouraging applications from those with experience relating to income generation, legal compliance, financial management, and those representing community-to-community links.
MEMBER FEEDBACK FROM THE 2016 AGM:
Here’s what members told us in their feedback from the 2016 AGM:
- 93% rated the AGM as “excellent” or “very good”
- 100% made useful new contacts – an average of six new contacts per person
- 79% said the afternoon strengthened their links with Malawi
Attendees told us…
- “I’m amazed by the ingenuity of the team to keep up the very high standard of the AGM”.
- “Well run and fun”.
- “It’s my first AGM- looking forward to attend in future”.
- “Very welcoming, informative, friendly and fun”.
- “Very professional”.
- “Brilliant AGM”.
- “This was my first AGM to attend, but I felt at home”.
- “Organised, interactive”.
- “Very interactive- great opportunities for networking”.
- “Very good content and venue”.
- “Different and fun- very creative and engaging”.
- “Very energetic and energising! Thank you!”
- “Fantastic opportunity to network”.
- “It was lively, very engaging and participatory”.
- “Well done again”.
- “Best AGM ever”
- “All materials beautifully presented- clear and informative”.
- “Very interactive and enjoyable day”.
- “Lots of chat and networking opportunities”.
- “Able to meet Malawians studying in Scotland”.
- “Gave me ideas on sustainability”.
- “Will renew links with the entity I volunteered with”.
- “Made many useful contacts”.
- “Perhaps I should be planning a visit soon!”
- “Great to see/hear what others are doing. Loved the videos!”
- “Made me more aware of other organisations working nearby”.
- “It has made me realise the impact and benefits of the partnership and the role I can play”.
- “I made new contacts and great experience for younger volunteers”.
- “I met people who we work close to”.
- “The networking is so useful”.
- “All the exhibits were fantastic”.
- “Loved the mix of formal procedures and more informal networking opportunities”.
- “Relaxed atmosphere whilst addressing important information”
- “It was useful to be pointed to areas where we can press for practical support, such as food security”.
- “It gave a real sense that we all contribute, have a role to play and are listened to”.
- “Great opportunity to discover the diverse work going on in Malawi that is supported by the SMP, together with the opportunity to meet new people”.
- “I liked the informality but at the same time the insight into the strength of the SMP”.
- “Great atmosphere of positive engagement. Relaxed and purposeful!”
- “Good networking and updates”.
- “I liked hearing about SMP progress and other activities of their associates. Achieved by young people”.
- “It was fun!”
- “I loved winning the tweet prize!”
- “I liked the awards and all participatory activities”.
- “Great networking”
- “Great awards and prizes”.