We were delighted to support a meeting of the Scottish Parliament's Cross Party Group on Malawi on the 23rd November which looked specifically at faith-based links between Scotland and Malawi. Please click for a copy of the minutes.
We were priledged to hear from Gray Sidira, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Livingstonia Synod AIDS Programme
We also had short presentations from seven key Scottish organisations with faith-based links to Malawi
- Scottish Bible Society: Lawrence Sum, Director of Communications
- Christian Aid: Sally Foster-Fulton, Head
- Church of Scotland: Jennie Chinembiri, Africa and Caribbean Secretary
- CBM UK: Alison O'Connell, Programme Manager
- Tearfund: Hazel MacIver, Advocacy and Campaigns Manager
- SCIAF: Percy Patrick, Programme Manager
- EMMS: Cat Rawlinson-Watkins, Director of Fundraising
The meeting was chaired by Alexander Stewart MSP and we had an update from Liam McArthur MSP following his recent visit to Malawi with the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association. We were also pleased to be joined by Clare Haughey MSP, Elaine Smith MSP, Maree Todd MSP and Kate Forbes MSP.
We look forward to continuing this strong all-party support for Malawi's links with Scotland as we look specifically at faith-based links.
The next meeting of the CPG on Malawi will be on 1st February 2017.